Bahrain 'committed to economic diversification'
Manama, July 2, 2008
Bahrain is committed to a sustained policy of economic diversification, Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa announced yesterday during a tour of the Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP), Hidd.
He described the ongoing development as a major leap forward that will help drive economic growth, saying it will put the country on the industrial map.
"I have seen a real 'Bahrain Industrial City'," said the Premier during an inspection of the state-of-the-art site.
However, he stressed the need to complete the project on schedule and later to ensure it is managed effectively.
"The government is keen to launch key projects that enhance people's living standards, promote sustained development, woo investments and create jobs," he said.
The Premier described the BIIP as a reflection of the government's drive to launch well-planned projects that respect the environment while meeting development objectives.
He said other government objectives aimed at optimising the role of the private sector in industrial development had witnessed success since it started a quarter of a century ago.
However, the Premier stressed the importance of improving productivity and enhancing work ethics through vocational training.
He also met Bahraini and foreign businessmen on the sidelines of his tour.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost