New welfare department formed
Riyadh, July 14, 2008
Saudi Arabia has formed a new department for the welfare of expatriate workers under the Ministry of Labour.
The welfare department will provide services to expatriate workers and solve their work-related problems, a Saudi Gazette report quoted Dr Abdul Wahid Bin Khalid Al-Humaid, Deputy Minister of Labor, as saying.
He said the Ministry of Labor has taken many organizational and legislative measures to protect the rights of employees and employers.
The ministry has taken several decisions banning the visa trade, violation of contractual commitments and inhuman and immoral use of expatriate workers, he said.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Top court quashes UK sanctions on Iranian bank
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations