Haj pilgrimage to peak on Dec 7
Riyadh, November 30, 2008
Saudi Arabia said December 7 (Sunday) will be the peak of this year's Haj pilgrimage. The climax of the pilgrimage will see worshippers climb Mount Arafa.
The Eid al-Adha (feast of sacrifice) holiday will start on December 8, state media quoted a top religious coluncil as saying.
Saudi authorities said on Saturday that 1.3 million pilgrims are already in the country for Haj, which begins next Saturday. -Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected