Kuwait emir accepts govt resignation
Kuwait, December 1, 2008
Kuwait's parliament speaker confirmed on Monday that the Opec oil producer's ruler would accept the government's resignation and reappoint the prime minister to form a new cabinet.
Jassim Al-Kharafi told reporters that the emir, who has the last say in politics, had informed him of the decision on Monday.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day