CDA hosts Singaporean delegation
Dubai, May 17, 2009
The Community Development Authority (CDA) in Dubai recently hosted a high-level delegation from the Consulate General of Singapore.
The visit headed by Dileep Nair, consul-general of Singapore in Dubai was aimed at strengthening joint relations and communication channels on social issues.
Dr Maryam Matar, director general; Sheikh Maktoum Butti Al Maktoum, CEO – Social Care; Muna Ali Bin Harib Al Muhairi, director marketing & corporate communications and Dr Tarek Hashim Ibrahim, head of Research Administration and acting Head of Strategic Planning, CDA, received the delegation.
Dr Matar presented an overview of CDA’s experience and services in community development undertaken in Dubai. The meeting also discussed future co-operation between Dubai and Singapore in the field of social development.
“Dubai has long-standing relations with Singapore and we are committed to strengthening the association between CDA and its Singaporean counterpart. The discussions were extremely productive and we look forward to carrying this dialogue further to result in concrete initiatives,” said Dr Matar.
“We are proud of the amazing social development recorded in our country and we are keen to study international best practices to further develop them to comply with the UAE traditions and community,” she added.
Nair spoke about Singapore’s experience in the field of social development and its willingness to co-operate and exchange expertise with CDA.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team