CDA hosts Singaporean delegation
Dubai, May 17, 2009
The Community Development Authority (CDA) in Dubai recently hosted a high-level delegation from the Consulate General of Singapore.
The visit headed by Dileep Nair, consul-general of Singapore in Dubai was aimed at strengthening joint relations and communication channels on social issues.
Dr Maryam Matar, director general; Sheikh Maktoum Butti Al Maktoum, CEO – Social Care; Muna Ali Bin Harib Al Muhairi, director marketing & corporate communications and Dr Tarek Hashim Ibrahim, head of Research Administration and acting Head of Strategic Planning, CDA, received the delegation.
Dr Matar presented an overview of CDA’s experience and services in community development undertaken in Dubai. The meeting also discussed future co-operation between Dubai and Singapore in the field of social development.
“Dubai has long-standing relations with Singapore and we are committed to strengthening the association between CDA and its Singaporean counterpart. The discussions were extremely productive and we look forward to carrying this dialogue further to result in concrete initiatives,” said Dr Matar.
“We are proud of the amazing social development recorded in our country and we are keen to study international best practices to further develop them to comply with the UAE traditions and community,” she added.
Nair spoke about Singapore’s experience in the field of social development and its willingness to co-operate and exchange expertise with CDA.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost