GAM exempts housing projects from tax, fees
Amman, September 16, 2009
The Greater Amman Municipality has decided to exempt residents of the housing complexes of Marka and Al-Hashimi from sales tax and registration fees, in line with the directions of King Abdullah II.
GAM will now finish the procedures required for transferring the ownership for the beneficiaries in accordance with the laws, in view of their poor living conditions that deprive them from paying fees as per the ownership transfer procedures.
The exemptions include 1800 residential apartments located in Marka Housing Project and Al-Hashimi Housing Project.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms