GAM exempts housing projects from tax, fees
Amman, September 16, 2009
The Greater Amman Municipality has decided to exempt residents of the housing complexes of Marka and Al-Hashimi from sales tax and registration fees, in line with the directions of King Abdullah II.
GAM will now finish the procedures required for transferring the ownership for the beneficiaries in accordance with the laws, in view of their poor living conditions that deprive them from paying fees as per the ownership transfer procedures.
The exemptions include 1800 residential apartments located in Marka Housing Project and Al-Hashimi Housing Project.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- Saudi to allow expats with new work visas
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'