Law firm Clyde & Co opens DIFC office
Dubai, September 16, 2009
International law firm Clyde & Co has established an office in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), which will serve as the headquarters for its regulatory, insurance, and banking and finance practices in the Middle East.
A leading international law firm with a long history in the region, Clyde & Co was licensed onshore in Dubai in 1989. The firm currently has over 150 specialist lawyers and paralegals, based in offices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Riyadh, working together as a single unit. The new DIFC office is firm's second in Dubai and 22nd worldwide.
“We are keen to develop a critical mass of both international and local legal firms that can provide high-quality legal services to financial institutions in the region,” stated Dr Omar Bin Sulaiman, governor of DIFC.
'DIFC is a major hub for the region's financial services sector'. Establishing an office in DIFC will enable us to enhance our engagement with, and contribution to, the regional financial services community,' added Ashley Painter, head of Banking and Finance for the Middle East for Clyde & Co.
Clyde & Co's Middle East financial services practice was described in 2008 by independent legal sector directory Legal 500 as “a potent force in the banking and finance arena.” The subsequent 2009 edition noted that Clyde & Co represents many of the most influential banks in the region.
Clyde & Co is also renowned internationally for its insurance sector expertise.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups