RAK, Seychelles discuss improving ties
Ras Al Khaimah, September 30, 2009
Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), and James Alix Michel, President of the Republic of Seychelles, recently discussed fortifying bilateral cooperation.
The two leaders, who met at Sheikh Saud’s Al Dhait Palace, reviewed opportunities for strengthening cooperation especially in the energy, tourism and industrial sectors.
Sheikh Saud welcomed President James Michel, adding that his visit would help widen the scope of cooperation between RAK and Seychelles.
'Ras Al Khaimah has over the last five years made significant progress in implementing its development plan with the aim to become a leading destination for tourism, industries and services in the region,” Sheikh Saud explained to the visiting delegation.
'Seychelles and Ras Al Khaimah can have a wonderful partnership that would make good use of each other's competencies and advantages for mutual benefit,' said President Michel.
They also discussed the oil exploration programme currently underway in Seychelles.
Dubai- based oil and gas exploration company, Black Marlin Energy, in which Ras Al Khaimah-based RAK Gas has a 28 per cent stake, had recently announced the commencement of second seismic survey on its exploration acreage in Seychelles along with subsidiary East African Exploration Limited (EAX) and partners Avana Petroleum. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team