Bahrain offers bonus for elderly
Manama, January 25, 2010
Thousands of Bahraini pensioners are to be paid a one-time bonus of BD500. it was revealed as His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
His Majesty King Hamad has already allocated BD13 million for the pensioners or their legal heirs.
The Cabinet yesterday approved an additional BD3.683 million, which will benefit 32,000 pensioners.
Parliament's financial and economic affairs chairman Abduljalil Khalil praised the Cabinet for the extra boost.
The one-time bonus will be paid to public and private sector pensioners or their legal heirs.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations
- Bahrain puts allowance hikes on fast track
- Saudi king congratulates Rohani on poll win