Bahrain offers bonus for elderly
Manama, January 25, 2010
Thousands of Bahraini pensioners are to be paid a one-time bonus of BD500. it was revealed as His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
His Majesty King Hamad has already allocated BD13 million for the pensioners or their legal heirs.
The Cabinet yesterday approved an additional BD3.683 million, which will benefit 32,000 pensioners.
Parliament's financial and economic affairs chairman Abduljalil Khalil praised the Cabinet for the extra boost.
The one-time bonus will be paid to public and private sector pensioners or their legal heirs.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team