Dubai asks FBI to check credit cards in Hamas hit
Dubai, March 2, 2010
Dubai has asked the US Federal Bureau of Investigation to look into US-issued pre-paid credit cards used by suspects in the killing of a Hamas commander, a UAE newspaper said on Tuesday.
Citing an FBI source, The National newspaper said the investigation will look into any Israeli involvement in the January 19 killing of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in a Dubai luxury hotel.
"Thirteen of the 27 suspects used prepaid MasterCards issued by MetaBank, a regional American bank, to purchase plane tickets and book hotel rooms," the paper said, citing Dubai police.
Police chief Dahi Khalfan Tamim said on Monday that Israel's intelligence agency Mossad had "insulted" Dubai and other countries whose forged passports were used by suspects in the assassination of the Hamas military commander in the emirate.
Tamim also said a 27th member of the team that killed Mabhouh in his hotel room had been identified. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected