Zain-Bharti deal breaks law, says Congo
Brazzaville, April 13, 2010
Congo Republic complained on Monday it had not been informed of Bharti Airtel's $9 billion deal to buy Kuwaiti telco Zain's African assets, saying that was a contravention of Zain's licence terms.
'This is a clear violation of the law in our country,' a statement attributed to the Telecoms Minister Thierry Moungalla said, adding that the parties involved had 30 days to comply or face sanctions that could include fines or ultimately the withdrawal of the local licence.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi