Eid holidays to start on Sept 8 in UAE
Abu Dhabi, September 6, 2010
The UAE has declared public sector holidays from September 8 to mark Eid Al Fitr, according to the emirate news agency WAM.
The UAE federal ministries and departments will be closed from Wednesday (29th of Ramadan) until the third of Shawwal 1431 Hijri year, said a circular issued by Humaid Obeid Al Qatami, the Minister of Education and chairman of the Federal Human Resources Authority.
The work will resume on the fourth day of Shawwal, he added.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations
- Bahrain puts allowance hikes on fast track
- Saudi king congratulates Rohani on poll win