Clyde makes key ME appointment
Dubai, December 14, 2010
UK-based law firm Clyde & Co has announced the expansion of its Middle Eastern regulatory and compliance offering with the addition of Lisa Kelaart-Courtney as the head of compliance services.
Clyde & Co has significantly expanded its regulatory, governance and compliance offering over the past two years, with other regional additions.
The new appointments include corporate partner James O'Shea, formerly head of regulatory based in Clyde & Co's London office, contentious regulatory, corporate compliance partner Rebecca Kelly, who was formerly with DLA Piper in the Middle East, and corporate services head Robert Ford, whose background includes time at Citco Group London, Clifford Chance, Mayer Brown and BDO Stoy Hayward.
The UK law firm has four Middle Eastern offices, which operate as a single unit, Abu Dhabi and Dubai (UAE), Doha in Qatar, and an associated office in Saudi capital Riyadh.
The firm formalised its presence in the Middle East in 1989 after many years of client
activity in the region. Today Clyde & Co is recognised as one of the major international law firms in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- Saudi to allow expats with new work visas
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers