King Hamad gifts over $2650 to Bahraini families
Manama, February 12, 2011
Bahrain’s His Majesty King Hamad has issued directives for BD1,000 ($2652) to be paid to each Bahraini family.
The Royal gesture is a recognition of the loyal Bahraini people who overwhelmingly endorsed the National Action Charter, the Royal Court announced yesterday (February 11).
It marks the 10th anniversary of the charter - an event in the kingdom's modern history that has resulted in, over the last decade, numerous political, economic and social reforms from which all Bahrainis have profited.
The payments will be made after necessary legal measures have been taken, the Royal Court said. Well-to-do families willing to waive the payments for the benefit of needy families will be highly appreciated, it said.
The charter is a historical turning point in the nation's history that laid the foundation for many positive developments, especially the resumption of parliamentary process and the inauguration of a new era of democratic reforms anchored by His Majesty, according to Bahraini citizens in a new poll by the Bahrain News Agency.
They expressed gratitude to His Majesty for his numerous kind gestures that have benefitted all sections of the Bahraini society.
The decision to renovate dilapidated houses, increase subsidies and allocate BD100 million for low-income families is a testimony to the leadership's keenness to support needy families and upgrade their standards of living, they said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery