Syria mourners burn party HQ, police station
Damascus, March 26, 2011
Thousands of mourners in the village of Tafas, near the southern Syrian town of Deraa, burned the local Baath Party headquarters and a police station on Saturday during the funeral of a protester killed a day earlier, residents said.
The mourners, chanting for freedom, were marching in the funeral procession of Kamal Baradan, a protester killed on Friday in Deraa.-Reuters
Tags: syria violence |
More Government & Laws Stories
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit