Dubai Police seize illegal ‘magic pens’
Dubai, April 26, 2011
Dubai Police recently conducted raids on a number of shops in Dubai and seized an illegal China-made ‘magic pen’ used to create fake documents with its vanishing ink.
The police also sent a circular to UAE-based banks warning of the ‘magic pen’ which looks like a normal pen but whose ink vanishes after about one to four hours after writing, said a report in Gulf News.
“It seems that this pen entered into the country via an illegal method and is sold at low prices,” Brig Khalil Ebrahim Al Mansouri, head of Criminal Investigation Department at Dubai Police, was quoted as saying in the report.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day