Death for 4 in Bahrain police killing
Manama, April 28, 2011
A Bahraini military court sentenced four men to die and three to prison for life over the killing of two policemen during the country's recent political unrest, state media said on Thursday.
The four sentenced to death by the National Safety Court are Ali Al Sankees, Abdulaziz Hussain, Qassim Mattar and Saeed Abduljaleel, according to Bahrain News Agency.
Government officials have said that a total of four policemen were killed during the unrest that gripped the country in February and March, at least three of whom were run over by cars around March 16.
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost