Baker & McKenzie opens Qatar office
Doha, May 3, 2011
Leading law firm Baker & McKenzie has opened an office in Doha, expanding its three-decade-long presence in the Mena region with its fifth office.
The Qatar office will become the firm’s 69th location worldwide, specialising in banking & finance (including Islamic and project finance), energy & infrastructure, corporate and M&A, real estate & hospitality, construction and dispute resolution to serve both international and domestic clients.
Baker & McKenzie has been active in the Mena region since the mid-1970s, opening its Riyadh office in 1980, Cairo in 1985, Bahrain in 1998 and most recently in Abu Dhabi in 2009.
“The establishment of a Qatar office is an important and logical step for us,” said Eduardo Leite, Baker & McKenzie’s chairman of the executive committee.
“We have been actively servicing clients in Qatar for many years, and our new office will enable us to provide on-the-ground support in this increasingly important business and financial market,” added Koen Vanhaerents, European chairman and member of the firm’s executive committee.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to honour outstanding employees
- GCC to introduce EU-style visa in 2014
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain