Bahrain okays reducing voting age to 18
Manama, May 9, 2011
Bahrain's Cabinet has approved an amendment reducing voting age from 20 to 18.
'The move reflects the government's firm keenness to expand the youngsters' political participation,' Cabinet Affairs Minister Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed said.
The draft amended law on exercising political rights was referred to the legislature for more scrutiny.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- Saudi to allow expats with new work visas
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret