Bahrain lifts State of National Safety
Manama, June 1, 2011
A Royal decree lifting the State of National Safety in Bahrain took effect today. Responsibility of maintaining stability has been transferred to Public Security forces and the National Guard.
The Bahrain Defence Force General Command yesterday issued a statement announcing the end of its mission after succeeding in maintaining public security and order and protecting citizens and residents.
Earlier in the day, His Majesty King Hamad called for a national dialogue without pre-conditions to begin on July 1. He said everyone can participate in the dialogue.
The security authorities will continue to enforce all necessary measures to protect the nation's safety and citizens and the rule of the law will continue to be enforced, it said.
The BDF said it will always be ready, at any time, to assume any duty to maintain public security and order and protect national achievements.
The BDF general command congratulated citizens and residents on the normalisation of the situation, thanking them for co-operating and abiding by security measures during the State of National Safety.
It paid tribute to the BDF, the National Guard, the Public Security forces and the Peninsula Shield forces for their dedicated efforts to protect national security and stability.
Meanwhile, His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa declared last night that 'there will be no pardon for those who do not deserve pardon; and no tolerance towards those who do not deserve tolerance.'
'There will be no leniency concerning national interest and we will act decisively against any attempt to drag the nation backwards. We possess the most powerful force to deter any conspiracy against the national interest, which is genuine popular support and loyalty to the nation and leadership,' he said as he received an Al Asala Islamic Society delegation. -TradeArabia News Service