Bahrain names speaker to lead reform talks
Manama, June 11, 2011
Bahrain government has appointed its parliament speaker Khalifa al-Dhahrani to lead the national dialogue that will 'accelerate the pace of reform towards development in various fields,' the state news agency said.
Al-Dhahrani, speaker of the Council of Representatives, said he hoped to bring 'all parties concerned with matters of the state' into the dialogue.
The talks would 'accelerate the pace of reform towards further development in various fields that will meet the expectations of all citizens,' Bahrain News Agency cited him as saying on Saturday.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit