Maximum 8-year term for ministers urged
Manama, July 11, 2011
Government ministers should stay in power for no longer than eight consecutive years, said participants at Bahrain’s National Dialogue.
They agreed to the proposal during discussions at the political session last night.
'Some opinions called for ministers to be elected by the people,' said National Dialogue spokesman Isa Abdulrahman.
However, he revealed the majority of participants backed the National Action Charter, which gives His Majesty King Hamad the power to appoint the Shura Council and the Cabinet. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’