Al Wefaq members attend Dialogue session
Manama, July 15, 2011
Al Wefaq's general secretariat yesterday decided to send three of its members without former MP Khalil Al Marzooq for the National Dialogue.
However, it has still not taken a stance whether to participate or boycott the upcoming sessions.
Earlier reports said Al Wefaq members taking part in the Dialogue had submitted their reservation on attending to the general-secretariat, which would take a final decision.
The move follows a war of words between Al Wefaq members and outspoken MP Jassim Al Saeedi during the political session on Tuesday.
Al Marzooq, who attended the session, accused Al Saeedi of using derogatory words during the talks. Al Saeedi was said to have referred to Al Wefaq as "rejectionists".
Those who attended yesterday included Syed Hadi Al Mousawi, Sayed Jameel Kadhem and Bushra Al Hindi. Al Marzooq was heading the delegation in previous sessions.
"I did not attend the session as there are other members from the society, who are capable of taking part," Al Marzooq told the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
"Al Wefaq had earlier chosen these members and our decision whether not to attend or participate in the upcoming sessions depends on the society's general secretariat." - TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations
- Bahrain puts allowance hikes on fast track