Ramadan begins on Monday
Manama, July 31, 2011
Saudi Arabia and most other Gulf states will start the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan on Monday.
Reports from Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the UAE said the new moon had not been sighted after sunset on Saturday, indicating that Sunday would be regarded as the last day of the Muslim lunar month preceding Ramadan.
In nearby Yemen, Ramadan will also start on Monday.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Abu Dhabi Ports introduces 'e-Pass'
- UAE charges 30 over coup plot
- Top court quashes UK sanctions on Iranian bank
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF