Ramadan begins on Monday
Manama, July 31, 2011
Saudi Arabia and most other Gulf states will start the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan on Monday.
Reports from Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the UAE said the new moon had not been sighted after sunset on Saturday, indicating that Sunday would be regarded as the last day of the Muslim lunar month preceding Ramadan.
In nearby Yemen, Ramadan will also start on Monday.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit