Bahrain 'lost over $200m in recent unrest'
Manama, September 10, 2011
Bahrain has lost more than BD75 million ($200 million) due to the recent unrest, said a survey conducted by the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Small and midsized enterprises suffered the most, and most companies are finding financing difficult, according to the survey which covered 162 private sector companies.
The survey also found no major exodus of staff from companies and institutions, chamber chief Dr Essam Fakhro told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.-Trade Arabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’