Bahrain to host major GCC forum
Manama, September 18, 2011
Bahrain will host the seventh GCC municipal conference in April next year under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prime minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman al Khalifa.
The conference, organised by general-secretariat of GCC Council, the United Nations Human Settlements Programme and Bahrain Society of Engineers, will be held under the slogan “The role of municipal work in achieving the Millennium Development Goals”.
Municipal councils will be invited to present working papers reflecting the success of the municipal system as a fruit of the national reformation project of His Majesty and the municipalities’ role in promoting sustainable urban development and upgrading standards and quality of services provided to Bahraini citizens.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery