Bahrain sets up dialogue panel
Manama, October 29, 2011
His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa has issued an edict to set up a high-powered committee to ensure follow-up of the National Dialogue visions.
The panel, to be chaired by State Minister of Implementation Mohammed Al Mutawa, will ensure that the Dialogue visions are included in the government's work plan for 2011 to 2014.
The committee will also follow up steps taken by ministries and government departments to translate them into timely actions to meet citizens' aspirations and needs.
The panel will include Shura and Parliament Affairs Minister Abdulaziz Al Fadhel, Cabinet Affairs Minister Kamal Ahmed and HRH the Premier's Court head Shaikh Hosam bin Isa Al Khalifa.
The committee is authorised to invite to its meetings anyone whose expertise may benefit its work.
The panel will co-ordinate with all parties and provide support to overcome obstacles that may delay the implementation of the Dialogue proposals and prepare periodical reports on the implementation process, including recommendations to ensure its efficiency and quality. It will also ensure that the public is updated on measures taken.
The edict requested all ministries and government departments, establishments and companies to fully co-operate with the panel.
The Dialogue was initiated by the leadership on May 30 without preconditions to address citizens' concerns in the wake of unrest.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost