Premier backs Bahrain airshow
Manama, November 22, 2011
The number of exhibitions and economic, tourism, sporting, aviation and trade activities in Bahrain reflect the global confidence in the kingdom's capability to host such events with success, HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa said.
The Premier was receiving His Majesty's personal representative and Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS) supreme organising committee chairman Shaikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, who briefed the Premier on preparations to host the second edition of the show in January.
These shows focus on new areas of international co-operation and create investment opportunities, he added.
He reiterated the government's support, saying BIAS is a reality that bears witness to Bahrain's expertise and potential in the exhibition sector.
"We are proud that Bahrain has been chosen as one of the hosts and we are sure that BIAS will be a milestone."
Shaikh Abdulla also briefed him on his visits to brotherly and friendly countries and thanked him for his directives to ministries and government departments to provide facilities for the success of the airshow. - TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected
- Bahrain’s eGovt backs major ICT summit
- Teargas flies in Cairo as constitution takes shape
- Bahrain vows to build on reforms