Bahrain to set up new probe committee
Manama, December 10, 2011
The Public Prosecution has set up a committee to investigate cases relating to deaths, torture and inhuman treatment. The panel will be under the direct authority of Public Prosecutor Dr Ali bin Fadhl Al Buainain.
The Interior Minister had earlier ordered the cases to be referred to the Public Prosecution.
'The Public Prosecution is an independent and impartial judicial authority dedicated to revealing the truth and scrutinising complaints, taking into account the provisions of the law,' Mr Al Buainain said.
He said the cases would be investigated objectively and transparently and any person found guilty will be referred to the court.
CCTV cameras will be installed to ensure audiovisual recording of detainees' interrogations.
The moves are in line with the ministry's resolve to carry out the recommendations cited in the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry report.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry