Bahrain to set up new probe committee
Manama, December 10, 2011
The Public Prosecution has set up a committee to investigate cases relating to deaths, torture and inhuman treatment. The panel will be under the direct authority of Public Prosecutor Dr Ali bin Fadhl Al Buainain.
The Interior Minister had earlier ordered the cases to be referred to the Public Prosecution.
'The Public Prosecution is an independent and impartial judicial authority dedicated to revealing the truth and scrutinising complaints, taking into account the provisions of the law,' Mr Al Buainain said.
He said the cases would be investigated objectively and transparently and any person found guilty will be referred to the court.
CCTV cameras will be installed to ensure audiovisual recording of detainees' interrogations.
The moves are in line with the ministry's resolve to carry out the recommendations cited in the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry report.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost