Bahrain to set up new probe committee
Manama, December 10, 2011
The Public Prosecution has set up a committee to investigate cases relating to deaths, torture and inhuman treatment. The panel will be under the direct authority of Public Prosecutor Dr Ali bin Fadhl Al Buainain.
The Interior Minister had earlier ordered the cases to be referred to the Public Prosecution.
'The Public Prosecution is an independent and impartial judicial authority dedicated to revealing the truth and scrutinising complaints, taking into account the provisions of the law,' Mr Al Buainain said.
He said the cases would be investigated objectively and transparently and any person found guilty will be referred to the court.
CCTV cameras will be installed to ensure audiovisual recording of detainees' interrogations.
The moves are in line with the ministry's resolve to carry out the recommendations cited in the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry report.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose Fulbright moves London head to Dubai
- DSG ‘ready to implement Smart Dubai Strategy’
- Iraqi women protest new draft law
- Bahrain police 'face more danger in line of duty'
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track