Bahrain king returns after summit
Manama, December 21, 2011
His Majesty King Hamad yesterday (December 20) returned home after leading Bahrain's delegation to the 32nd GCC Summit in Riyadh.
He was welcomed at Sakhir Airbase by His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander, Shura Council president Ali Saleh Al Saleh, parliament chairman Khalifa Al Dhahrani, ministers, the Southern Governor, the Saudi Embassy charge d'affaires and senior BDF, Interior Ministry and National Guard officers.
He earlier sent a cable of thanks to King Abdullah for the warm welcome and hospitality.
He hailed the results of the summit as reflecting strong relations bonding Gulf countries and peoples.
He also wished Saudi Arabia further progress and continued security and stability. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team