BICI chief set to hold talks with societies
Manama, February 3, 2012
A legal expert who headed an independent inquiry into Bahrain's unrest last year is due to meet members of Bahrain's political opposition today.
Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI) chairman Professor Mahmoud Sharif Bassiouni has been invited back to the country by the government to assess measures taken to implement BICI recommendations.
He is meeting political societies and government officials during the visit.
Yesterday he met Deputy Premier Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, who briefed him on what the government has done over the past two months.
A senior Al Wefaq official said meetings with opposition societies would involve each group offering their own opinions on the current situation in Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry