Bahrain government website hacked
Manama, February 15, 2012
An official government website, bahrain.bh, was hacked by an infamous hacker group called Anonymous yesterday (February 14).
The group also targeted the website of combinedsystems.com, which belongs to the US producer of tear gas reportedly used in Bahrain.
'We promised you a Valentine's Day to remember and told you that lulz were on their way,' posted Anonymous on its Twitter account yesterday. 'Stay tuned for more.'
Its post regarding the hacking of the Bahrain government site was seen on Twitter yesterday morning.
'TANGO DOWN: Bahrain govt's official website: bahrain.bh #Bahrain #Anonymous #Feb14 #HackVDay' said the post.
The Information Affairs Authority (IAA) and the eGovernment Authority were aware of the hacking, but the problem was solved quickly and the website was running as normal by yesterday afternoon, sources said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms