Bahrain government website hacked
Manama, February 15, 2012
An official government website, bahrain.bh, was hacked by an infamous hacker group called Anonymous yesterday (February 14).
The group also targeted the website of combinedsystems.com, which belongs to the US producer of tear gas reportedly used in Bahrain.
'We promised you a Valentine's Day to remember and told you that lulz were on their way,' posted Anonymous on its Twitter account yesterday. 'Stay tuned for more.'
Its post regarding the hacking of the Bahrain government site was seen on Twitter yesterday morning.
'TANGO DOWN: Bahrain govt's official website: bahrain.bh #Bahrain #Anonymous #Feb14 #HackVDay' said the post.
The Information Affairs Authority (IAA) and the eGovernment Authority were aware of the hacking, but the problem was solved quickly and the website was running as normal by yesterday afternoon, sources said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- UAE to make doping horses a criminal offence
- Bahrain puts Hizbollah on terror list
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case