Bahrain launches new growth strategy
Manama, February 19, 2012
Bahrain has started implementing a new strategy to improve the living standards of its citizens, Human Rights and Social Development Minister Dr Fatima Al Balooshi said.
The strategy has been mapped out in co-operation with the World Bank and will avail of the experiences of other countries, reported our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
Dr Al Balooshi was replying to a question by MP Salman Al Shaikh on Bahrain’s criteria on measuring and combating poverty.
The ministry’s programmes aim to help low-skilled people and the unemployed, she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups