Bahrain to complete reinstatement by April 1
Manama, March 13, 2012
Government companies have reinstated 1,520 sacked employees or are in the process of doing so, said a senior official, adding that the government was committed to complete the process by April 1.
Labour Minister Jameel Humaidan signed an agreement in this regard with General Federation of Bahrain Trade Unions secretary general Salman Jaffar Mahfoudh and Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry board member Othman Mohammed Sharif Al Rayyes.
It won the approval of International Labour Organisation representatives led by standards department director Dr Cleopatra Doumbia-Henry.
The three parties acknowledged the progress achieved in reinstating sacked employees and agreed to address the remaining cases immediately.
The tripartite committee was set up last December following complaints lodged by labour delegations last June on the sidelines of an international labour conference. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Saudi to allow expats with new work visas
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge