Bahrain ministry wins ISO certification
Manama, April 5, 2012
The Industry and Commerce Ministry of Bahrain has received the ISO Quality Management System certificate.
Lloyds Middle East and Africa regional director Bassim Obaid presented the certificate to Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
Obaid said the ministry's keenness to renew ISO certificate 9001:2008 reflects its commitment to work with known methodologies.
Through it, the ministry is seeking to develop its performance based on international quality management standards.
The ministry has intensified training and rehabilitation of employees to enable them to apply the quality management system in all departments.
In February, it achieved the ISO 9001 certificate after a four-day external audit by Lloyds.
Lloyds also carried out an initial audit last December and recommended moving to the second phase of work for the certificate. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery