Bahrain declines extradition plea for Dane
Manama, April 9, 2012
Bahrain yesterday (April 8) turned down the request to transfer to Denmark a jailed activist who has been on a hunger strike for two months and also holds Danish nationality.
"The handover of accused and convicted persons to foreign countries takes place under specific conditions ... This does not apply in Abdulhadi Al Khawaja's case," the Supreme Judiciary Council said.
This announcement is in reply to a message received by Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa from his Danish counterpart Villy Sovndal requesting the extradition of Al Khawaja. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team