Bahrain declines extradition plea for Dane
Manama, April 9, 2012
Bahrain yesterday (April 8) turned down the request to transfer to Denmark a jailed activist who has been on a hunger strike for two months and also holds Danish nationality.
"The handover of accused and convicted persons to foreign countries takes place under specific conditions ... This does not apply in Abdulhadi Al Khawaja's case," the Supreme Judiciary Council said.
This announcement is in reply to a message received by Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa from his Danish counterpart Villy Sovndal requesting the extradition of Al Khawaja. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Top court quashes UK sanctions on Iranian bank
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations