Bahrain King commits to more reforms
Manama, April 23, 2012
His Majesty King Hamad welcomed the success of Bahrain’s Grand Prix and confirmed his government was committed to further reform in the kingdom.
His Majesty attended the climax of the three-day event.
He said, “We are grateful to the FIA, teams, sponsors and the Bahrain International Circuit for ensuring that this great event went off peacefully and in the celebratory spirit of community that Formula 1 represents.”
“I also want to make clear my personal commitment to reform in our great country. The door is always open for sincere dialogue amongst all our people.
“Last month I received the report on progress made on the recommendations of the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry. It confirmed that broad and substantial progress on reform has already been made by the government,” he added.
“We must, of course, continue the pace of reform.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups