Methaq starts UAE card activation
Abu Dhabi, May 13, 2012
Methaq Takaful Insurance Company, a leading player in the Islamic insurance sector based in Abu Dhabi, said it has successfully activated the ID card in co-operation with Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA).
Methaq finalized the electronic link in co-ordination with EIDA, in order to complete all procedures required to issue all types of insurance policies and obtain personal data pertaining to clients through the authority, according to a senior official.
It has become the first insurance company to activate the Emirati ID card to electronically issue insurance policies. This link will allow Methaq to obtain personal data pertaining to its clients through EIDA, said its managing director Mohamed bin Hazam Al Dhaheri.
'Methaq will avail these data to its insurance brokers and banks. This approach is tailored to save time and efforts, provide thorough information, and reduce the chance of error when issuing insurance policies to its clients,' he noted.
'The activation of the Emirati ID card to issue insurance policies, and the successful launch of the electronic link between Methaq and EIDA, will inexorably yield positive results for all parties: the insured, the insurer and UAE vehicle registration departments,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to introduce EU-style visa in 2014
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince