Bahrain parliament panel raps Iran's meddling
Manama, May 18, 2012
A key committee of Bahrain's parliament has strongly condemned Iran's interference in the kingdom's affairs stating that 'Iran has nothing to do with what Bahrain decides.'
Asserting that Bahrain is an integral part of the GCC, the foreign affairs, defence and national security committee called upon the Arab League and Arabs to strongly reject the Islamic republic's recurrent and provocative interference.
In a statement, the committee strongly condemned Iran's meddling in the affairs of an independent and sovereign GCC member state whose citizens' representatives have voiced their full support for joining the GCC Union.
The committee also noted that Iran has never respected the principles of good neighbourliness with GCC countries and always used all means, including the media, to escalate the situation in Bahrain and undermine its security and stability.
The panel added the Iranian parliament had no right to vote for or against the GCC Union.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry