Bahrain parliament panel raps Iran's meddling
Manama, May 18, 2012
A key committee of Bahrain's parliament has strongly condemned Iran's interference in the kingdom's affairs stating that 'Iran has nothing to do with what Bahrain decides.'
Asserting that Bahrain is an integral part of the GCC, the foreign affairs, defence and national security committee called upon the Arab League and Arabs to strongly reject the Islamic republic's recurrent and provocative interference.
In a statement, the committee strongly condemned Iran's meddling in the affairs of an independent and sovereign GCC member state whose citizens' representatives have voiced their full support for joining the GCC Union.
The committee also noted that Iran has never respected the principles of good neighbourliness with GCC countries and always used all means, including the media, to escalate the situation in Bahrain and undermine its security and stability.
The panel added the Iranian parliament had no right to vote for or against the GCC Union.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost