Bahrain activist granted bail
Manama, May 21, 2012
A Bahrain court yesterday (May 20) granted jailed opposition activist Nabeel Rajab BD300 ($795) bail in connection with insulting the country's Interior Ministry through his twitter account.
However, Rajab is still remanded in police custody for taking part in an illegal gathering where he delivered a speech urging those present to stage a march, confront authorities and use violence against security forces, according to prosecutors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team