Bahrain party in new dialogue bid
Manama, June 2, 2012
Efforts are underway for a dialogue with opposition group Al Wefaq, Minister of State for Information Affairs Samira Rajab said.
She told CNNArabic that attempts are underway to surmount obstacles and deal with unfeasible conditions to pave the way for the dialogue.
There are even contacts and mediation to this effect, but they are slow, she said, according to our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
She said opposition activist Nabeel Rajab had lost credibility when his activities had gone beyond human rights. He got involved in all forms of politics, the minister added.
Al Wefaq, which had 18 seats in Bahrain's parliament, pulled out of a national dialogue initiated after last year's unrest to chart the way forward for Bahrain. Its MPs also resigned their parliamentary seats.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to introduce EU-style visa in 2014
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince