Bahrain at crucial Syria crisis meeting
Paris, July 7, 2012
Bahrain took part in the third ministerial meeting of the Friends of Syria, held in the French capital yesterday.
Bahrain's Ambassador to France Dr Nasser Al Balooshi headed the kingdom's delegation on behalf of Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa.
The meeting, in which more than 100 countries took part, aimed at providing support for the Syrian people to ensure their right to self-determination.
French President Francois Hollande, who opened the meeting, reiterated his country's commitment to supporting Syrian people, noting that sanctions imposed by France and its European partners aim to increase pressure on the Syrian regime.
Activation of Kofi Annan's initiative, holding those responsible for crimes against the Syrian people, providing support for the democratic opposition, enhancing humanitarian relief and commitment to back Syrians during the transitional and reconstruction periods topped the agenda of the meeting.
Participants agreed to hold the next meeting in Morocco. -TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’