Bahrain plans new Thai trade centre
Manama, October 16, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday received a high-level Thai delegation led by Commerce Minister Boongsong Teriyapirom and discussed the setting up of a Thai Trade Centre in Bahrain.
Thai Trade Centre will be a hub for distribution of Thai imports not only to the Gulf countries, but for the entire Middle East, said Dr Fakhro at the meeting held in the presence of ambassador Vichai Varasirikul.
The minister lauded the deep, friendly relations and trade co-operation between the two kingdoms, praising the advanced level that has been reached by both countries.
The minister said His Majesty King Hamad's visit to Thailand last April had a profound effect on developing mutual relations and the continuous visits of His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa result in deepening these relations.
The delegation also discussed agricultural investment opportunities and the import of food, especially Jasmine rice, as well as opportunities for co-operation in health and therapeutic care.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'
- Kuwaiti Emir undergoes minor surgery
- Special court to deal with travel bans backed