His Majesty King Hamad
Bahrain arrests 4 suspected bombers
Manama, November 7, 2012
Bahrain officials arrested four suspects yesterday in connection with Monday's serial blasts, which left two people dead and another seriously injured.
This came as His Majesty King Hamad called for the terrorists to be arrested quickly and brought to justice, said a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
He directed the Interior Ministry to act swiftly and track down the killers, as he visited the Royal Special Forces.
He also urged citizens to tip off concerned authorities to help hunt down the culprits and hold them accountable for their heinous crimes.
"It is incumbent on all parties to condemn these terror crimes which are alien to Bahrain's peace-loving society," he said.
Chief of Public Security Major General Tariq Al Hassan said the four were held following an "intensive investigation".
He said arrest warrants were issued by the Public Prosecution, but added that investigations were still ongoing.
"This does not conclude our investigation," he said in a statement. "We will pursue all leads and will not rest until we have all those responsible in custody."
He also vowed to keep the public updated as police inquiries progress. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- UAE's $3bn aid for Egypt 'to take time'
- UAE to make doping horses a criminal offence
- Bahrain puts Hizbollah on terror list
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork