UK may ease visa rules for GCC citizens
Manama, December 3, 2012
GCC nationals could soon be allowed to travel to the UK without visas or get them on arrival, a report said.
Al Arabiya news channel said on its website that talks were ongoing through joint committees, quoting GCC assistant secretary-general for strategic negotiations and dialogue Dr Abdulaziz Aluwaisheg, according to a report published in our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News.
“The British side has agreed to ease visit procedures and issue of visas and reduce time besides a current agreement to speed up visas to ill GCC nationals and businessmen. But new criteria have not been finalised,” he said.
“During negotiations we have agreed that in future GCC nationals could be allowed to enter the UK without prior visas, which means either exempting GCC nationals or issuing visas on arrival at airports.”
He said the proposals were now being evaluated by the UK. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to introduce EU-style visa in 2014
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince