Saudi King Abdullah leaves hospital
Riyadh, December 13, 2012
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah left hospital on Thursday, Saudi state television said, nearly four weeks after an 11-hour back operation.
"The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques leaves the National Guard King Abdulaziz Medical City," Al Ekhbariya television said in a screen caption.
Saudi state television later showed footage of the monarch walking slowly surrounded by members of the royal family, including Crown Prince Salman. He climbed into a car.
The 89-year-old king appeared in good health when he appeared on Saudi state television on November 28. He was shown then sitting in a chair chatting with members of the royal family. - Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms