Foreign ministers prepare for GCC Summit
Manama, December 23, 2012
Foreign ministers are meeting in Bahrain today to draw up the agenda for tomorrow's GCC Summit.
His Majesty King Hamad will chair the two-day summit at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel and Spa.
Collective security, military affairs, customs union and common market will top the agenda as the ministers meet during an evening session, chaired by Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, at the hotel.
Recommendations by ministerial councils and joint committees will be reviewed along with ongoing negotiations between the GCC and other global economic blocs.
The ministers will also discuss the Syrian crisis and the GCC initiative on Yemen.
A state-of-the-art media centre for the summit will be opened at 7pm today at the Gulf Hotel under the patronage of Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab.
The Information Affairs Authority, which will run the media centre, promised full support to the more than 400 journalists who will be in the kingdom to cover the summit.
The Bahrain Radio and Television Corporation said it will show the summit live on Bahrain TV along with expert comments and analysis. Arrivals and departures of the leaders will also be shown live.
Muharraq Governor Salman Bin Hindi, meanwhile, said he is confident that the summit will fulfill the expectations of the people of the GCC, particularly over the GCC Union. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- US to rigorously enforce gold ban on Iran
- Bahrain jails 5 tweeters on defamation charge
- US blacklists two UAE companies
- Kuwait ruling may threaten economic recovery