Bahrain issues stamps to mark GCC summit
Manama, December 24, 2012
Bahrain Post has issued commemorative stamps to commemorate the 33rd Summit of the GCC Supreme Council being held in capital Manama till December 25.
Commenting on the stamp release, Minister of Transportation Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed, welcomed the visit of GCC leaders and expressed his pleasure in issuing these stamps to mark the historic event which began today (December 24) in Bahrain.
The minister said the new set consists of six commemorative stamps crowned with portraits of the rulers of the Gulf countries in addition to two stamps that portray the unity and co-operation of the GCC citizens and their outlook for a prosperous and brighter future.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups