Top humanitarian award for Bahrain King
Manama, January 9, 2013
Bahrain’s His Majesty King Hamad has won the title of Humanitarian Personality of the Year with an absolute majority of votes.
Tens of thousands of personalities from the GCC and Arab world took part in the poll, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
They hailed his role in placing Bahrain amongst economically, scientifically and democratically advanced countries, highlighting the fact that His Majesty had succeeded in ensuring his country's comprehensive revival and development in all areas.
Participants affirmed that His Majesty was able to invest in Bahraini citizens and encourage them to work to prosper in their motherland.
They said Bahrain, under his reign, has changed into "an enormous busy bee-hive" in which all citizens contributed to the progress of their country in all walks of life - and thus have deservedly won worldwide admiration.
The poll was conducted by Kuwait's Al Sharq newspaper.
The King was also hailed for consolidating the pillars of democracy and freedom and for successfully tackling all hostile plots intended to tamper with Bahrain's independence and security.
His Majesty's wisdom, humanitarian gestures, aid to various countries and efforts in accomplishing international peace and combating terrorism were also highlighted.
Kuwaiti MPs, officials, academicians and businessmen expressed pride in Bahrain's growth and praised His Majesty's efforts to ensure prosperity for the entire Arabian Gulf region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain MPs back crackdown on nightclubs
- Focus on tax compliance act in GCC
- UAE ministries discuss draft law for juveniles
- ADPC inks key deal with Abu Dhabi Customs
- Bahrain parliament panel approves budget
- Pull fighters out of Syria, Hamas tells Hezbollah
- Yemen to receive $144m loan from AMF
- UAE, India discuss prisoner exchange pact
- Bahrain to crack down on mast violations
- Bahrain puts allowance hikes on fast track