Bahrain denies drafting travel ban list
Manama, February 27, 2013
Bahrain yesterday denied drawing up blacklists of people who are barred from travelling to other countries, a report said.
"The role of Bahraini authorities is to bar people from leaving or entering their territories - in accordance with the law," Interior Ministry assistant under-secretary for legal affairs Colonel Mohammed Rashid Bouhamoud was quoted as saying in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The clarification followed the decision of the UAE authorities to bar Al Wasat newspaper's editor-in-chief Mansoor Al Jamri and his wife Reem Khalifa from entering its territories.
Bahrain defended the move as part of the UAE's inalienable national sovereignty.
"Each country draws up lists of people who are allowed to enter its territories in addition to others who are persona non grata, taking into account its internal affairs," Col Bouhamoud said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to introduce EU-style visa in 2014
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince